About The Show: Model Citizens
Circus Oz explodes back onto stage, audaciously unpacking the myths of modern Australia in their latest high octane circus show Model Citizens, the first creation fuelled by new Artistic Director Rob Tannion.
Model Citizens seamlessly blends the risk and beauty of breathtaking physical improbability with theatricality, choreography and Circus Oz’s distinct brand of Australian humour.
Stunningly lit and driven by a sensational live music soundtrack, Model Citizens unfolds within a cleverly designed model-kit world that challenges perspective, scale and concepts of normality.
In Model Citizens over-sized, everyday objects are used as unexpected circus equipment that create an intriguing new playground for the all-human ensemble.
Acrobats will back-flip off a giant vertical clothes peg, become tangled in an oversized cotton reel, balance on a house of oversized collapsing cards and fly high in an enormous pair of aerial undies!
Exposing circus skills in unconventional ways, Model Citizens presents stunning group acrobatics with a twist. Model Citizens is a visually and emotionally charged journey by the multi-talented Circus Oz ensemble, which explores what it really means to be a model citizen in today’s ‘model kit’ society.
Please keep in mind...
While Circus Oz is all about fun there are some things that you might like to know about the Circus Oz show to make sure we all have a great time.
The Circus Oz Show:
- is suitable for people of all ages
- runs for about 2 hours and currently has an interval of 20 minutes
- features a live band
- may feature fire, smoke machines, strobe lighting and some coarse language
- features animals that are 100% human
- starts promptly and late comers may have to wait for a suitable break in the show to enter
- is full of people doing amazing stunts, live on stage therefore we ask that you turn off all electronic distractions including phones, cameras, video and sound recorders, and watch alarms