About The Show: Model Citizens
Circus Oz explodes back onto stage, audaciously unpacking the myths of modern Australia in their latest high octane circus show Model Citizens, the first creation fuelled by the new Artistic Director Rob Tannion with an amazing new acrobatic ensemble.
Stunningly lit and driven by a sensational live music soundtrack, Model Citizens seamlessly blends the risk and beauty of breathtaking physical improbability with no shortage of theatricality, choreography and, of course, absurdity!
The action unfolds within the cleverly designed model kit world which challenges perspective, scale and normality. Oversized everyday objects become an intriguing new playground of possibilities for the all-human ensemble, offering a new life as unexpected circus equipment. Imagine scaling a 6m safety pin, backflipping off a giant vertical clothes peg, getting tangled in an oversized cotton reel, or flying high in
an enormous pair of aerial undies...
Audiences will be taken on a visually and emotionally charged journey by the multitalented Circus Oz ensemble, exploring what it really means to be a model citizen in today's model kit society.
Please keep in mind...
While Circus Oz is all about fun there are some things that you might like to know about the Circus Oz show to make sure we all have a great time.
The Circus Oz Show:
- is suitable for people of all ages
- runs for about 2 hours and currently has an interval of 20 minutes
- features a live band
- may feature fire, smoke machines, strobe lighting and some coarse language
- features animals that are 100% human
- starts promptly and late comers may have to wait for a suitable break in the show to enter
- is full of people doing amazing stunts, live on stage therefore we ask that you turn off all electronic distractions including phones, cameras, video and sound recorders, and watch alarms