Circus Oz is often credited with being the first contemporary circus in a now significant international industry. As a major innovator in the field of Physical Theatre, the company has contributed radically to the Australian and international cultural landscape. The show is a theatrical re-framing of charcter-based circus skills, devised by the performers themselves in association with a number of directors. The multi-talented group specialises in acts of strength, daring and grace, combined with a peculiar comic irreverence and an idosyncratic commitment to the politics of ordinary people.
The company enjoys critical acclaim from people of all ages and from all over the world. Circus Oz strives to create an immediate relationship with the audience through the creation of a show which is intimate, thought provoking, witty and spectacular.
For all Australian publicity requests please contact Ben Starick at Starling Communications on 0411 029 393 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Media Kits
- Circus Oz Media Release 2018 Rock Bang – an exclusive circus rock opera world premiere season
- Circus Oz Media Release 2018 Sideault at The Melba – a festival that interrogates contemporary circus
- Circus Oz Media Release 2018 Circus Oz Big Top heads to Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria for Precarious
- Circus Oz Media Release 2018 Four decades on – Circus Oz rocks into a milestone year
- Circus Oz Media Release 2017 Circus Oz collaborates with the best rock band in the world
- Circus Oz Media Release 2017 Sidesault at The Melba – a festival of experimental circus
- Circus Oz Media Release 2017 Sidesault - a program that supports and develops circus
- Circus Oz Media Release 2017 - Wendy McCarthy to step down as Circus Oz chair
- Circus Oz Media Release 2017 Model Citizens - expanding the show for Big Top premiere
- Circus Oz Media Release 2017 Model Citizens - Circus Oz Big Top premiere in Melbourne
You can also access the following information through this web site: