Venue Information: Royal Botanic Gardens
The Circus Oz Big Top is not like any other venue in Melbourne. Holding 434 patrons it is made up of a free standing structure that is erected onthe Southern Cross Lawn at the Royal Botanic Gardens in Melbourne. This means that coming to The Circus Oz Big Top is not only an awe-inspiring experience but it is also different to your average night at the theatre. So with that in mind we would like to advise you that the Circus Oz Big Top:
- is located in a park with an expanse of open area surrounding it and limited shelter. Doors open 30 mins before the show so please take this into consideration when planning your journey in
- is heated but please dress for the weather on the day
- has a box office that opens one hour before show time for sales and collections
- has a canteen with snacks and a bar with Innocent Bystander wine and Hawkers beer so grab a refreshment before the show
- does not allow for prams to be taken into the show but does have a covered area to leave prams and pushers while the show is on
- has a merchandise stand that sells programs, tshirts, circus gear and other fun Circus Oz items so you can take home a little piece of us
- caters for disability access; please inform us of any special access required when purchasing your tickets
- has eftpos for purchases but no ATM or cash-out facilities so please bring any money you may need
- is a place you can take selfies and #circusoz but please no flash photography and videoing of the performance as it is a safety risk
- is a non smoking venue.
Circus Oz is conscious of its impact on the environment, so when under the Big Top:
- we provide you with free tap water that you can put into your own reusable drink bottle
- we have recycling bins at the tent for your use, they are well labelled and we hope you'll use them responsibly
- we encourage everyone to use public transport to get to the show.
The Circus Oz Big Top is located on the Southern Cross Lawn at the Royal Botanic Gardens in central Melbourne. A map of the site can be found here.
A Google Maps pin can be found here. If using another maps app, type in Southern Cross Lawn for the most accurate location.
Street metered car parking for up to four hours is generally easy to find close to entry gates. Please note that parking conditions vary according to nearby events. The City of Melbourne enforces parking restrictions in the area. Disabled parking bays are marked on the Gardens Map.
Bus: Route 605 (Melbourne Observatory/Birdwood Avenue)
Tram: Routes 3/3a, 5, 6, 16, 64, 67 and 72 (Stop 19 Shrine of Remembrance/St Kilda Rd)
For detailed public transport information, visit Public Transport Victoria.
Circus Oz realise that visiting the Big Top is an amazing experience unlike visiting any other venue, however, organising visits to non-standard venues can raise many questions. If you have any queries about accessing the Royal Botanic Gardens please contact their friendly visitor experience staff prior to attendance by calling (03) 5990 2200 or emailing email@example.com.